Hi, I'm Rosie.
By day I write about finance and economics. By night I write eclectic essays on philosophy, living, creativity and more. I live in London and have been on this planet for two decades.
My favorite things are: books, my cat (Patti, after Patti Smith), Conor Oberst's music, flowers, Moleskine notebooks & Lamy pens, and art galleries.
I am a top writer on Medium for the topics: books, art, mental health, creativity, and travel. I've previously written for/ been featured in The Huffington Post, Thought Catalog, The Start-up, The Ascent, Elle, Creative Cafe, Sunday Mail, The Westenberg Report, Post Grad Survival Guide, and others. I've blogged since I was 13 and been involved in some fun stuff since then including: giving a TEDx talk, shooting a book cover, having a clothing brand that will not be named steal one of my posts and put it on a t-shirt, having content featured by brands like Kanken and Doc Marten, working with PRs from brands like H&M, and connecting with lots of wonderful people.
You can get in touch below.
I don't have comments on this site and I don't use social media, so the best way to get in touch is by email. I reply to pretty much all of the emails I receive here within a fortnight.
Whether you have an enquiry, feedback, a request for a post, question, recommendation or just want to say hi, I'd love to hear from you. Note: I am not
(Please read the section below first about what not to send me. If it's clear that you haven't, your email will be marked as spam and deleted. )
Please do not:
- Request to guest post on this site or any of the other sites I write for. I don't accept guest posts. It's not personal.
- Ask me to link to your article, website or company. Backlink outreach is a thankless task so please don't waste more of your time.
- Send me random press releases. I'm not going to write about a product or service I've never used. I'm not interested in a free trial of your new software either.
- Ask me to republish my posts on your new writing platform.
- Add me to your email list without permission.
- Send me emails that include the phrase 'pet peeve.' That's my pet peeve.
Please do send me:
- Questions / topic suggestions / comments / random thoughts / literally whatever is on your mind
- Corrections or clarifications
- Book / music / film / whatever recommendations
- Pictures of your pets (that always makes me day)
- Basically anything which is not trying to sell me something or asking me to help you sell something via this site
Some other housekeeping-y stuff:
- I am a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to Amazon. (This means that I receive a small commission for anything you buy from a link on this site, at no extra cost to you.)
- I sometimes quote other people's work. This is always in italics and with a clear credit. If you believe I am infringing on any form of copyright, please get in touch.
- You are welcome to quote my work but please credit and it and do not repost an entire essay without my permission. Seriously.
- I sometimes reference people I know in real life. When appropriate, I change identifying details or use composites, in order to respect their privacy. If you think I'm writing about you, you're probably wrong.