Hi, I'm Rosie.
I live in London. I'm 20 years old. By day I write about finance, economics and tech-y stuff. By night I write eclectic essays on philosophy, living, creativity and more.
My favorite things are: books, my cat (Patti, after Patti Smith), Conor Oberst's music, flowers, Moleskine notebooks & Lamy pens, and art galleries.
I am a top writer on Medium for the topics: books, reading art, mental health, creativity, and travel. I've previously written for/ been featured in The Huffington Post, Thought Catalog, The Start-up, The Ascent, Elle, Creative Cafe, Sunday Mail, The Westenberg Report, Post Grad Survival Guide, and others.
I've blogged since I was 13 and been involved in some fun stuff since then including: giving a TEDx talk, shooting a book cover, having a clothing brand that will not be named steal one of my posts and put it on a t-shirt, having content featured by brands like Kanken and Doc Marten, working with PRs from brands like H&M, and connecting with lots of wonderful people.
People sometimes ask if there's a way to donate directly to me to support my work. The answer is no, I don't accept donations on here and this site doesn't make any money. But if you've really enjoyed something I've written and would like to say thanks, you're welcome to buy me a second-hand book on Amazon and I'll be very grateful.
You can get in touch below.
I don't have comments on this site and I don't use social media, so the best way to get in touch is by email. I reply to pretty much all of the emails I receive here within a fortnight.
Whether you have an enquiry, feedback, a request for a post, question, recommendation or just want to say hi, I'd love to hear from you.
(Please read the section below first about what not to send me. If it's clear that you haven't, your email will be marked as spam and deleted. )
Please do not:
- Request to guest post on this site or any of the other sites I write for. I don't accept guest posts. It's not personal.
- Ask me to link to your article, website or company. Backlink outreach is a thankless task so please don't waste more of your time.
- Send me random press releases. I'm not going to write about a product or service I've never used. I'm not interested in a free trial of your new software either. Nor am I going to check out your soundcloud. And if you're about to ask me to promote your ICO, please go and take a long hard look at yourself in the mirror.
- Ask me to republish my posts on your new writing platform.
- Add me to your email list without permission.
- Send me emails that include the phrase 'pet peeve.' That's my pet peeve.
- Also, I am very, very, very shy and nearly always say no to speaking requests (be that radio, panels, at events, etc.) As much as I'd love to do it, I'm not a good speaker - feel free to ask but be aware that I'm not the best choice.
Please do send me:
- Questions / topic suggestions / comments / random thoughts / literally whatever is on your mind
- Corrections or clarifications
- Book / music / film / whatever recommendations
- Pictures of your pets (that always makes me day)
- Basically anything which is not trying to sell me something or asking me to help you sell something via this site.
Some other housekeeping-y stuff:
- I am a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to Amazon. (This means that I receive a small commission for anything you buy from a link on this site, at no extra cost to you.)
- I sometimes quote other people's work. This is always in italics and with a clear credit. If you believe I am infringing on any form of copyright, please get in touch.
- You are welcome to quote my work but please credit and it and do not repost an entire essay without my permission. Seriously.
- I sometimes reference people I know in real life. When appropriate, I change identifying details or use composites, in order to respect their privacy. If you think I'm writing about you, you're probably wrong.